Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Music

I have to say that I look forward to this day every year; our local radio station, 103.7 KVIL begins playing Christmas music during the holiday season - it began today. Now people have strong opinions as to when Christmas music needs to begin. Some say now is too soon and others say it is never too soon. Personally, my Pandora station has been cranking out the old Yuletide tunes for the last few months.

I love Christmas for so many reasons. The main reason, of course, is the birth of Christ, the Lord and Saviour of the world. But, I also love Christmas for all of the memories and happy times in recalls to me. I love the thoughts of snow filled lanes, branches glazed with ice, warm fireplaces, hot cocoa, warm cider, ribbon candy, candy canes, bundled up children playing until their cheeks are red, coffee brewing and Grandma and Grandpa's house, etc. You get the idea. The whole time of year is wonderful.

Now, it is taking on a whole new meaning with our toy store. I joke about helping to make Christmas dreams come true, with Town Square Toys, but we get to see it when the little kids wander around our store in wonderment, finding the toys that they just "have to have" for Christmas. I love hearing parents say, "I'll be back, alone," to get this or that. It is great. We have always had a hand in Christmas wishes online, but it is a true joy to see the little faces and happy smiles.

Only 40 days until Christmas!

No comments: