Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Toys for Dad

Steph asked me what toys I thought would be cool for Father's Day; what would be a cool toy for a kid to get his or her Dad?  It seems like a simple question.  It should be easy to find a few awesome toys.  The problem is that there are so many great toys at Town Square Toys, it is difficult to narrow the list down.  But, I tried my best and came up with 5 great toy ideas for Dad.
Number One on my list would have to be a Lego set.  Few things are more fun that building a cool airplane or  robot out of Legos.  I am a huge fan and have been since I was a kid.  I am fond of the creator sets; they remind me of when I was younger and you used your imagination to come up with the next great idea.  In particular, I would choose the LEGO® Creator Transport Truck 3 in 1 Building Set 5765.

Number Two on my list is a Sky Rocket Mini Banshee.  Actually any of the Sky Rockets would be a good number two choice.  These things really fly.  I think it would be fun to get the kids out in a park and shoot these back and forth.

Number three for me would be a 300 piece puzzle by Thomas Kinkade.  I am a fan of his work, to be sure.  We have some beautiful puzzles featuring his gorgeous paintings.  At 300 pieces, it would not be too taxing of an afternoon to work on a puzzle of this size, alone or together.  I bet if the whole family pitched in, it could be done in no time.
Number Four is something that any science loving Dad would want to have:  A glow in the dark Solar System.  The Great Explorations Glow-In-The-Dark 3-D Solar System Kit by University Games is just the Solar System to get.  I know, I know, it is not to scale, but it GLOWS!  I am a fan of all things Glow in the Dark.  It is a solid top 5 contender.

Number Five may seem silly to many, but a lot of Dad's would appreciate something like this.  I choose a Safari Toob, specifically the Pirates Toob.  Why would I pick a tube of little toys?  Well, for several reasons. They would be fun to play with, alone or with the kids.  They give anyone an opportunity to talk like a pirate.  They are small and easily transportable in their little "toob."  They are pirates!  And, I work in a cubicle, on a computer, and they make awesome cubicle decor.  You can help Dad make his coworkers jealous!

So, that is my Top 5 Toys for Dad.  I could have easily made it a top 20 or top 50, but, alas, I don't have the time.  Better than my list, come by the store or browse our website and find that one special gift that you think your Dad will love.http://www.townsquaretoys.com/LEGO_Creator_Transport_Truck_3_in_1_Building_Set_p/lg4610937.htm

No comments: